The Free Will Players are a not-for-profit theatre company that formed in 1989. The company endeavors to create professional, contemporary, innovative productions of the works of William Shakespeare that are accessible to all audiences, regardless of age, ability, education, or income levels, while also developing new audiences and mentoring theatre professionals of the future.
- To explore and produce the works of William Shakespeare in an outdoor setting as interpreted by an ensemble of professional Canadian actors, directors, designers and technicians.
- To illuminate in a bold, modern way the humanity of Shakespeare and explore the relevance of his themes for contemporary audiences.
- To provide further investigation of Shakespeare’s world and his impact on present day theatre and dramatic thought.
- To inspire young artists in further enjoyment of Shakespeare.
- To remain financially accessible to all, regardless of financial situation.