Job posting: FREEWILL SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL
Position: Site Coordinator (Student Position)
Duration: June 5 through July 18, 2017 (6 weeks)
CANADA SUMMER JOBS POSTING
Reporting to the Production Manager and working in tandem with the Assistant Managing Director/Volunteer Coordinator and the Concession & Merchandise Coordinator, the Site Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating smooth operations, maintenance and safety of the Festival site. This includes overseeing the general custodial needs of the amphitheatre, supervising proper site drainage/maintenance during inclement weather, supervision of patrons during performances with regards to the Concession, Beer and Merchandise tents, as well as assisting with setup of rentals for special on-site events during the Festival.
- Site Coordination
- Anticipate site requirements for each show with regards to consumable supplies, waste removal, cleaning facilitation, and general order, cleanliness and appearance of the Amphitheatre Site
- Maintaining a supervisory and “on call” status for any and all inclement weather situations to ensure proper water drainage, water shedding from tents and site maintenance.
- Prepare the Amphitheatre Site for Production staff and patrons each day and special events during the Festival run
- Ensure the Site is secured at the end of each show, liaising with Night Security and the City of Edmonton Amphitheatre Coordinator
- Maintain records of all incidents arising on Site, and perform post-job evaluation
- Volunteer Management
- Provide supervisory assistance in relation to patron and volunteer safety ion the Site under the discretion of the Operations Coordinator
- Assist with Set Up and Strike of the set
- Provide supervisory assistance in relation to patron and volunteer safety in the Site during performances
- Manage external disruptions in the Park during performances
- Prepare for and assist in facilitation of possible emergencies or evacuations procedures.
- Take part in Safety Briefings with Festival Management prior to each show, and contribute to monitoring for possible inclement weather circumstances
- Must be returning to full time post-secondary studies in Fall 2017
- The ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Self-starter, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Personable and confident communicator
- Flexible team player ready to contribute to other jobs as required
- Basic level of understanding of live theatre and/or festivals
- Preference given to those with a Technical Theatre or maintenance background
Hours of Work and Remuneration
The Site Coordinator commences full-time work 1.5 weeks prior to the festival. For the duration of the festival (June 20 to July 16), hours are approximately 5:00 pm to 11:30 pm Tuesday to Friday, and Noon to 11:30 pm (with a break between shows) on Saturdays & Sundays. Because the nature of the position is based on the needs arising at the Site, hours of work are subject to change. Scheduling outside of performances is based on needs of the Site as required. (Especially due to weather)
The weekly rate of pay is $500.00 for a period of six weeks.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to
Julie Haddow, Manager Director at firstname.lastname@example.org